
We went to Louisville, Phil and I. Sassy came along just for kix (or kibble.) Phil spent the days extolling Delphi's innovative fuel injection system for lawn mowers. Sassy and I took walks. On a particularly long walk, I saw the fish cannery. I knew we had walked far enough and we walked back to the motel. Other than that we didn't see anything remarkable, on the ground. The weather was sunny, windy, chilly, rainy or a combination for our 3-day sojourn in the Kentucky wilderness of Louisville. Undaunted by the weather, we walked. Our motel was in the direct path of landing aircraft, we felt like the landing gear could have parted our hair if we didn't duck and cover. We have an airport by our house but the airplanes are just puppies. Those big dogs coming into Louisville have a rumbling growl that jostled Sassy and I stem to stern. I think I lost 4 pounds from all the ducking and jiggling, so it's all good.

We got to see Peter, Mindee and Annibelle on the way down to Louisville. Annibelle takes after Mindee - even with the same dimple in the left cheek! I expect Peter will want to get/stay buff so he can be as scary as the dad of a young beauty should be. He'll want to grill all of her dates....hey, wait a minute, that should be the scary Grandmother's job. OK, I'm up for it, sure, I'll be there....
We stopped to visit Dan and Rachel on the way back North. Rachel is amazing how she can crochet and knit anything that she can imagine, without even a pattern! We had a lovely dinner and it was good to sit at the old dining room table and be with family.

We stayed Saturday night with Grandpa and Grandma Homer and went to church in Richmond. We visited Aunt Ramona who was home bound because she had foot surgery and still getting antibiotics in an IV. Uncle Steve and Rob take turns as her nurse. Stevie is the cook extraordinaire. Aunt Ramona appeared to be thriving under such excellent care.
We are back home. Mandy won't let me out of her sight. Bubble glues himself to Phil the minute he gets home. The cats miss us when we leave them behind. It's always nice to be home again.
3 comments:
mama! Thanks for the pictures, and telling about what you did. I love it when you write in your blog! Keep it up!
Yeah keep it going! I like the pictures too!
Sounds like a great trip! :) I want to see Annibelle! She's so pretty. Those walks with the airplanes sound a little scary! I don't think you have much of a chance at being a scary grandma though, Mama. You're too sweet, and everyone knows it. Aww, so Mandy is all about you, and Bubbles is all for Dad? That's fun.
Post a Comment