Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bahookie (Warning: This blog may contain slang language)

I don't know how it happened but last week I found myself with shingles.   One day I was helping a lady with bad arthritis in her yard and I had a sharp pain by a rib.  I assumed that I had kinked something and it would be fine after I took some aspirin.  The next morning when i got up ...wow! I had a really sharp pain and ITCH!  That was the itch that broke the camel's back.  Pain, I can deal with.  Don't give me itch.  I looked at my ribs and saw 2 red bumps.  I woke up the man who mows the lawn and asked him not to go to his desk job (when he is not mowing the lawn, he has other employment) so he could drive me to the Dr.  The sharp pains were taking my breath away and then there's the ITCH.  Dr. Kursik, she is sharp.  All I had to do was to say that I had a sharp pain and an ITCH in the same place and she said, "Shingles".  The great part is that if you get on the antiviral meds within 72 hours of this nasty viral flare-up (from latent chicken pox virus - I thought I was 'over' the chicken pox!) you can knock the virus on its little bahookie.  I got a couple more spots that day but with the med all the spots dried up, itch went away, pain...Vicodin...need I say more?  Yesterday I only needed one Vicodin.  Today I am going to try the tylenol/aspirin route.  Vicodin zonks my brain to that poppy field where Dorothy, Toto, and her cohorts got zonked.   I am so very fond of thinking that less is more.  Whoah...My inner Zen is showing there.  I haven't taken one since last night...how long does Vicodin continue to numb the brain?  Big Bahookie!!.

I feel like blogging and I really have nothing to say.  Bahookie,  Bahookie, there that felt good!! 

PS  Bahookie is Scottish slang for something that I can't post on a family friendly site because children under 7 are just waiting to get their tooth gapped gums around this word morsel.
PSS  I think I am bored.  Need adventure...must have adventure....pining away for adventure.....sigh .... no driving under the influence of Vicodin.  Otherwise I'd go Krogering. Or dollar storing.  OOOOO Maybe I'd WALK AROUND ALL BY MYSELF in the ----- you know the mall I'm talking about!!  OOOOO
PSSS  Bahookie isn't in any related to Dan's moniker, Babboky

2 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

Hi Momma! I'm glad the man who mows the lawn took good care of you and that Dr. Kursik is smart! :) Itching is no fun, and I'm glad you're feeling lots better now!

Anonymous said...

I love it when the man who mows your lawn is right there to be woken up for trips to the doctor. Good thinking Mama!
I love this blog. Although I am slightly concerned that this latest post was mostly written due to the influence of the Vicodin, you are always amusing!
I wish I had been there to adventure with you... I could have driven!
Love you, so kick those shingles in the bahookie!