Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgivings

It seem very appropriate to share today some of what I am thankful for.

I was just going out to work in the garden one day, and I glanced up. I saw this cloud, and it looked like a ball of fire. It was beautiful—amazing. It really looked like it was on fire, so of course I had to take a picture.

I was sad, because I thought I missed everything in the garden during my various autumn adventures, but to my surprise I had two bushels of tomatoes waiting for me to pick them. Some were even so vigorous that they grew in the fire pit, where we tossed them after weeding; they're volunteers.

Dad even helped me make pasta sauce with the tomatoes, as well as peppers and onions from the garden.

Looks like my garden can handle itself while I'm on vacation!

Aren't the tomatoes beautiful? I really loved all of the colors.





For the actual Thanksgiving holiday, I am down in southern Ohio visiting my daughter (Mimi) and her family. We stopped to pick up Grandpa Homer in Indiana on the way down from Michigan. The drive was not ideal with hail, rain, and traffic, but we fought through it like superheroes and made it safe and sound. (We wish that some streets had more street lights. It was really dark near the end.)

We enjoyed a very tasty dinner at Mimi's in-laws. We provided the vegetables, and they provided pretty much everything else. I think Laurie had fourteen pies total. Wow. And Mimi and I still haven't had a bit of pie, because everything else was so tasty that we were too full. There are a lot of boys at her house, but we're hoping there will still be a slice or two for us tomorrow!

After the meal, we were happy to see my nieces from Tennessee, Shannon and Emily. Shannon's husband and son (David and David) were there, too, and we had a really nice visit. I haven't seen them in years! Emily in about eight years or so, and Shannon . . . maybe five? It's been a while, however long.

Little David is such a cutie pie. 
He and Jill played together as much as two 1 year olds ever do!

Perhaps if Mimi keeps helping me, I'll blog more this trip and keep you posted on the rest of my adventures here! (Mimi typed while I narrated. She possibly added some embellishments.)

2 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

I fully approve of this post.

Amy Rose said...

I fully approve of Mimi's approval.

And your tomatoes do look beautiful!!